|Chippewa Falls businessman William
Irvine, his firm, the Chippewa Lumber and Boom Company and L.C. Stanley, established Irvine
Park in 1906 through the donation of 165 acres of land.
Construction of the bear pen in
1909 marked the beginning of the Irvine Park Zoo.
The cougar and bobcat cages were built in 1971.
The size of Irvine Park and the
number of facilities within have grown through the years as a result of
many generous donations.
Current cages are outdated with peeling bars.